4sponser

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Crafting with glass part two...

I am having so much fun altering these bottles and jars.  I have been admiring yours for years now and I've finally gotten the nerve to take the plunge.  Not only that, but I've also gotten the nerve to share my creations, the good, the bad and the just plain ugly.

I think this falls on the good side ( not the great side - but good ) and I hope you do too.  I started with a gravy jar.  Spray painted it silver metallic.  Modge Podged a picture I cut out of Vogue of one of their vintage covers.


added some pearls around the neck of the jar.


and some pearls on the top of the jar with e6000 glue.


and called it done.


I think I need to work on staging these photos.  With the right accessories the bottle will look ever so much better.

5 comments:

  1. I think it turned out very well! Now that you have taken the plunge, you will want to craft in all of your spare time :)

    Happy Thanksgiving Roxanne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Aren't you glad you took the plunge? Be careful, decorating bottles can be very addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Roxanne. You're doing just fine. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. really beautiful!! i so enjoy getting my craft on!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't explain it, but I love jars and bottles! Yours looks great, I would love to see that vintage Vogue magazine! When I started blogging I felt silly staging my photo's, kind of like I was pretending to be some big time photographer doing a photo shoot LOL! I did find that once I started doing it, it really did enhance my photo's though, give it a try...But, trust me...At first it seems silly!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete